Hair is known as “your crown of glory”. If you take great care of your hair it will reflect upon it for the entire world to see but if you don’t care for it, well, all of the world will see that too. Expensive treatments or visits to a salon to manage your hair professionally are not always needed to obtain healthy growing hair. There are so many things you can do yourself that will have a positive influence and effect on your hair.
1. For shiny healthy hair you must first think of your body’s intake. After all, you are what you eat in many ways more than one. Your hair is really a reflection of what you are inside. Consuming a good balanced and healthy diet will do more to make your hair shine for the long term. In addition ensuring that you don’t allow your hair to become thirsty or dry can easily be accomplished by drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
2. Dry your hair after washing with an absorbent towel to soak up excess moisture but do not rub too hard otherwise the friction can be damaging to the hair. If you have time, just allow it to air dry and if possible do not use or cut back on blow-drying, flat irons, curling irons, or hot rollers because artificial heating will leave your hair brittle and damaged in time. Be natural whenever you can.
3. Only comb wet hair with a wide-tooth comb, combing from end to root. This will ensure that you do not cause unnecessary breakage when combing, reduces split ends and allows for easier detangling. It will also allow you to retain more hair if you are attempting to grow your hair longer resulting in more hair kept on your head rather than in your comb. Using a great conditioner that helps with detangling is also a plus.
4. One should always try to remove any visible split ends since split hair will continue to split up the hair stand. Remove trichoptlosis, or split ends, like this: take small sections of your hair and carefully twist them in a gentle downward motion. The split ends will stick out. Using sharp scissors, carefully cut into the twisted section, but not right through, to remove the damaged cuticles and leave a natural layered look. Cut roughly the same amount from each twist to balance the effect. If you are not comfortable with trimming off your split ends yourself, you can always get this done for a small fee at a salon.
5. Hair loss can be slowed or even reversed in many cases by applying a few simple tips to your regular regime though they probably will not cure any underlying condition if present. Biotin is known to help regenerate hair follicles: Blend bananas with honey, yogurt and low-fat milk and drink it daily to naturally increase biotin in your diet.
For the most part, we are all obsessed with our hair and will not leave the house unless it looks appealing. Consuming a well balanced diet, drinking enough water daily, and following a few simple hair care tips can surely have you on the right path to healthy glowing hair and your overall health will thank you for it. When you treat your hair like it is a precious diamond, it will shine and sparkle like so.